WildSideWest
Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in at your leisure!
WildSideWest
Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in at your leisure!
WildSideWest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WildSideWest

California's Transgender Forum (Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in!!!)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blog from Club Syren's Irv LA Club Scene

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

Blog from Club Syren's Irv LA Club Scene Empty
PostSubject: Blog from Club Syren's Irv LA Club Scene   Blog from Club Syren's Irv LA Club Scene EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:39 am

This comes from a blog by Irv over on the Club Syren MySpace. This is all just cut & pasted from his blog, so all the credit goes to him...

ALTERNATIVE CLUBS -- GENERAL

Shits and Giggles – Fridays --NOTE: NEW LOCATION AS OF 5/29/09 @ MONTE CRISTO CLUB

Montecristo Club
3100 Wilshire Blvd.
(Entrance and parking on Westmoreland, just down from
Southwestern School of Law)
Los Angeles, CA 90010
www.myspace.com/shitsandgigglesla

Comment: This is one of my favorite clubs in L.A. A great diverse mix – about 60% gay and rest a mix of lesbian, TG, Genderqueer, and Straight. Victor Rodriguez and Chris Bowen are the promoters and resident DJs. The space is great – a old downtown movie palace, located in the old movie theater district, that’s been renovated into a night club. The main room is huge, with upstairs balcony, a stage and three bar areas. There is also a basement room.

Victor and Chris play some of the best dance music in L.A. and have great special DJ guests. And let’s not forget about the fabulous Drag Queen Hostesses: BarbiQ, Phyllis Navidad, Wu Sang, Josephine and Zachary. The vibe is always great – people of all genders and sexualities getting together and having a great time and celebrating.

Beige – Tuesday Nights
7213 Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood, CA
323-850-5350

Victor also does a Tuesday Night promotion at Falcon called Beige. He’s been doing this promotion since the mid-90s. His partner is Rusty. Primarily a gay crowd but all welcomed. With Victor, it’s all about the love.

Miss Kittys Parlour – Once-a-month, usually the 3rd Friday of the month.
At the Echoplex
1154 Glendale Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026 (Enter through the alley)
www.misskittysparlour.com
www.myspace.com/starfactoryproductions

Comment: I love Miss Kittys! When friends ask me to describe it, I tell them, envision a Berlin underground Cabaret or Speakeasy of the 20s/30s, updated for the 21st Century. I first began going when they held their nights at the small Parlour Club, which is now Bar Lubitsch. They do once-a-month events now and they’re fun and wild. Again, I love it because of the diversity – Club Kids, Goths, Fetish folk, gay, queer, genderqueer, TGs. All are welcomed. And the music is great. The current DJs are Slash Fiction, Henry Self and Mr. M.

You have to check it out at least once. Miss Kittys is the creation of Jame and Christos, The Boulet Brothers, and Miss Kitty. They’ve created one of the most unique club events in L.A., putting in extraordinary effort and creativity.

Miss Kittys B-Day celebration is this Friday, May 22nd. Become a friend of theirs on myspace or get on the mailing list and receive notices about cover discounts

Bootie L.A. – First Saturday of Each Month
Echoplex
1154 Glendale Blvd.
www.bootiela.com
www.myspace.com/bootiela

Comment: Bootie L.A. is a monthly mash-up club. What’s a mash-up? It’s when you mix together two or more songs. Bootie started in S.F. and now they have branches of the club throughout the states and overseas too!

For Bootie L.A., the anchor DJs are Paul V, of Dragstrip 66 fame and other clubs, Adrian and Mysterious D from San Francisco. Adrian is a TG DJ. They also have notable guest DJs and performances each month. Again, a great diverse mix of people.

Dragstrip 66 – Held about every 3 Months
Echoplex
1154 Glendale Blvd.
www.dragstrip66.com
www.myspace.com/dragstrip66rocks

Comment: Dragstrip 66 is the creation of Paul V and Gina Lotrimin aka Mr. Dan. They’ve been throwing this outrageous theme drag party for 16 years now and still going strong. Each month has a particularly dress theme and cool drag performers and the music is great. I’ve been going to DS66 events since the late 90s and love it. Definitely check it out.

Medusa Lounge – Various Clubs see websites
3211 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90057
213-382-5723
www.medusaloungela.com
www.myspace.com/medusa_lounge_la

Comment: This club used to be a well known German restaurant, Lowenbrau Keller. It’s been totally redecorated, but maintains some of the kitschy german décor. Various alternative nights, including Paul V’s Neon Nights, Andromeda, Dada Dance Haus. Check the website and myspace page for more information.

Note: Great Fetish/Goth night called Bat Cave happens here every 3rd Friday of the month. myspace.com/batcavela

ALTERNATIVE CLUBS – GOTH AND FETISH

Bar Sinister – Goth/Saturdays
1652 N. Cherokee Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90028
www.barsinister.net

Comment: Long-running Goth club in L.A. Owner Trish LaBelle also owns the adjoining bar Boardner’s. Great atmospheric club, with a courtyard where band performs and an upstair fetish play area called Purgatory. Cover is $10, and $20 if you don’t dress appropriately.

Malediction – Goth/Sundays
Montecristo Club
3100 Wilshire Blvd.
(Entrance and parking on Westmoreland, just down from
Southwestern School of Law)
Los Angeles, CA 90010
www.ladead.com

Comment: Great long-running Sunday night club in a great vneue.riday night club going on for aboutg 3 years now. Rooftop patio with cabanas, huge dance floor, mirrored ceiling and expansive parlour room, where fetish shows and displays are done. The main promoters behind it are Amanda and Christian/Xian Vox. Amanda has been a DJ in the Goth scene for 20 years, and is celebrating her 20th Anniversary this year. Xian has been spinning since 1999. Ruin is part of a series of club promotions done by ladead.com. See comment above for Ruin. Another ladead.com production. A long-running Sunday Night goth club. On Memorial Day Weekend, it’s the annual Aristocracy Ball.

Note: ladead.com also does special events and some monthly events like Electrolux and Necro Disko. Check the website for more details.

Das Bunker – Goth/Industrial/Fridays
Jewel’s Catch One
4067 W. Pico Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
323-734-8849
www.dasbunker.org

Comment: This Goth club has a more harder, industrial dance music edge. Held at the L.A. black club institution Jewel’s Catch One.

Kontrolled Chaos, Inc. Clubs
HELL
Ivar
6356 Hollywood Blvd (enter on Ivar)
Hollywood, CA 90028
www.myspace.com/hell_club

Comment: This monthly event occurs on the 4th Friday of each month. The two promoters are Kitty and Cameron of Kontrolled Chaos, Inc. The venue, Ivar is great space -- two floors, large dance area, large stage, several fetish play areas, and lots of places to sit and lounge, upstairs and down, and smoking patio outside with outside bar.

HELL is packed every month, with 300+ people attending. I highly recommend this event.

FETISH NATION -- New Club, Begins 07/11/09
Circus Disco
6655 Santa Monica Blvd(just east of Highland Avenue)
Hollywood, CA 90038
www.clubfetishnation.com
www.myspace.com/fetishnation

Comment: The folks behind HELL are starting a new fetish night on 07/11/09 at the famous Circus Disco. Not sure at this point if it will be a weekly, monthly or other periodic event, but I will update this when I know. I've spoken with one of the promoters, Cameron, and it sounds like it will be a great event.

Medusa Lounge – Various Clubs see websites
3211 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90057
213-382-5723
www.medusaloungela.com
www.myspace.com/medusa_lounge_la

Comment: This club used to be a well known German restaurant, Lowenbrau Keller. It’s been totally redecorated, but maintains some of the kitschy german décor. Various alternative nights, including Paul V’s Neon Nights, Andromeda, Dada Dance Haus. Check the website and myspace page for more information.

Note: Great Fetish/Goth night called Bat Cave happens here every 3rd Friday of the month. myspace.com/batcavela

Passive Arts Studio – Fetish Club and Dungeon Space (Near LAX)
10914 S. LaCienega Blvd.
Lennox, CA
310-410-1144
www.passivearts.com

Comment: Passive Arts has different weekly events. Check the website for details. DomConLA just had a Fetish Ball there, this past Saturday. Club DV8 also happens once a month there.

Hope this helps. You can contact me at the Syren! Myspace page, www.myspace.com/syrenclub

Irv
Administrator
Syren!
Back to top Go down
http://wildsidetg.com/

Blog from Club Syren's Irv LA Club Scene
Page 1 of 1