WildSideWest
Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in at your leisure!
WildSideWest
Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in at your leisure!
WildSideWest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WildSideWest

California's Transgender Forum (Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in!!!)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events! Empty
PostSubject: TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events!   TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events! EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:22 pm

There is a really great web site for TG's in the Bay Area. It's called TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the Transgender Community! There are a lot of really great girls over there that get together for all kinds of meetups all over the Bay Area. Their mission statement is totally similar to the mission of this very board; check it out...

"For TGirls in the SF Bay / SouthBay area to arrange Meetups for fun!

The main purpose is to socialize en femme, at a variety of different venues, throughout the Bay Area. We're supportive of getting new gals "out of the closet," but might be better thought of as a resource for those a bit beyond the makeover boutiques/services, or the local TG support groups (i.e., TGSF, RGA & DVG), yet happy to mentor/serve as a bridge, for those just "testing their wings."

We do events at suburban strip mall gay bars, which would better suit those seeking their first positive experiences from en femme outings, to pretty "out" events in SF (which, being "Tranny Mecca" gives one nearly a "free-pass" to go virtually anywhere en femme!)

The main "local" organizers (we're an offshoot, of a larger, Southern California TGCD Meetup group) have either Friday Night, or weeknights, as their best availability, so our events are a bit skewed towards those days of the week."

If you are new to the area or looking for a really supportive and fun group of TGirls, you should give them a peek. TGCD.net; Bay Area Chapter. It's a great starting point!

Last edited by GinaMylano on Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:42 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://wildsidetg.com/
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

PostSubject: Re: TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events!   TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 2:08 am

Hey Hotties,

The TGCD girls at at it again, with another Friday night event. This time down it's down in the South Bay, Santa Clara to be exact. Here is the info straight from the TGCD website...

Club Savoy
3546 Flora Vista Ave
Santa Clara, CA 95051
9:30pm

"We've had some of our best turnouts at our Friday night meetups at the Savoy. Let's try again in April. I know it's the Friday before Easter and during Passover, but I hope some of you are available. Savoy is a lesbian bar in Santa Clara, with easy parking, pool tables, and a dance floor. I haven't been there since our March 6 meetup - that night they were charging a $2 cover."

Here is another TGCD happening...

Thought I'd remind the group of the next Herr-a-Chick, on April 15th at the DNA Lounge (375 11th St @ Harrison) $10 cover, $5 if in drag. Doors at 9, show at 11, we've gotten there between 10-10:30 and that's worked out fine.

Several of us have enjoyed the first two, tho I would double-check the DNA website (www.dnalounge.com) as currently not showing up (we got burned in Feb., when the event canceled/club shuttered!). A nice combo of drag queens/drag show & live music acts, in a friendly, low-key setting, with pretty easy street parking & freeway access.

Of course, if it does fail to come off, jog down to 4th & Bryant, and enjoy the weekly, Weds., Bondage-a-Go-Go!

Cheers,
Paula

Paula and the rest of TGCD girls are great people and I'm sure it will be a fab time!!
Back to top Go down
KayFox

KayFox

PostSubject: Re: TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events!   TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events! EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi Gina,

I am a member of the TGCD group. It is headed up by a wonderful T-girl in LA named Laura Gonzales. Laura has put a lot of effort into forming not only a support group, but also a regular venue for girls to go out and have fun. I usually go out with them in LA. They have chosen to meet twice a week at the same place, The Oxwood in Van Nuys, on Wed. and Sat. nights. This is a gay bar that the group takes over those two nights, which allows them to have special events and contests, and people always know where to go. If anyone from here is in LA on Wed. or Sat. they should check it out.

I get to the Bay Area fairly often, so I hope to make it to their gatherings there too. I'll be in San Francisco on Sat., May 30. In the meantime, we will have met in Vegas ☀

Kay
Back to top Go down
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

PostSubject: Re: TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events!   TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events! EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi Kay,

I've heard soooooo many great things about Laura Gonzales, but haven't had the pleasure of meeting her yet. She really is a mega-heroine of the community! I know the Oxwood well, and can't wait to get back down there! I had a complete blast last year! You totally must know my dear friends, Trica and Trisha. They are Oxwood regulars and just two of the sweetest people I've ever met! Here are a couple of shots...that's TRISHA on the left and TRICIA on the right!
TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events! IMG_4016TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events! IMG_4001
Back to top Go down
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

PostSubject: Re: TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events!   TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events! EmptyWed May 06, 2009 4:56 am

Hey Y'all,

TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the Transgender Community has announced another Meetup on the way. Here is the skinny...

What: Endangered Species Day

When: May 15, 2009 9:30 PM

Meetup Description: According to my (National Widlife Federation) calendar, Friday May 15 is Endangered Species Day. In honor of those who thought meetups in this group, or people willing to attend meetups, or tgirls are Endangered, let's have a Friday night get together at The Savoy (3546 Flora Vista Ave, Santa Clara, CA). At the door, expect to show ID and pay $2 cover.

You can check out more info at...http://www.meetup.com/transgenderbayarea/calendar/10337142/
Back to top Go down
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

PostSubject: Re: TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events!   TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 8:43 pm

The next big event takes place on June 18 with "The Return of Lipstick Conspiracy" in San Jose! Here are some specifics...

"June 18, 2009! Lipstick Conspiracy makes a triumphant return to San Jose! Also on the bill is Angela Chase. Stay tuned for details...
Mission Ale House, San Jose
97 E. Santa Clara street, San Jose, 95133."

Check out
Lipstick Conspiracy's website here!
Back to top Go down
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

PostSubject: Re: TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events!   TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events! EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 5:58 pm

OK babes,

The TGCD.net girls will be getting together again. This time to celebrate the 2 year anniversary of the formation of TGCD. Here is a description of the up coming event...

"Let's try to get together for a meetup at Martuni's to celebrate the 2 year anniversary of this group - founded August 30, 2007. We have close to 175 members. I looked through the website members section and realized I have met just under 40 of you in person!
As I have mentioned the best night for me to go out is Fridays. As I live in the South Bay, I tend to set up the majority of meetups down here. My favorite local Friday night place used to be King of Clubs (still a dive and still an OK place to go on weeknights, but I don't like their current Friday night theme & crowd.) Then my favorite place was Savoy, but it recently changed owners, name, and crowd. I also noticed from yelp.com that San Jose Hunters has closed. So, there are less places for us to go to and I am still not sure where to go Friday nights these days. (I may try Rainbow Rm this Friday night.)

Anyway, who's up for Martuni's on the 11th?"

Here is a link to the TGCD.net Anniversary Party at Martuni's page. For more info on this and other upcoming events. If you are new to the area or just looking to network, you will find a lot of fresh, fun faces amongst the girls of TGCD, so if you haven't signed up for it already, go do it!!! You won't be disappointed!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events!   TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events! Empty

Back to top Go down

TGCD.net: Bay Area Chapter for the TG Community Events!
Page 1 of 1