WildSideWest
Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in at your leisure!
WildSideWest
Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in at your leisure!
WildSideWest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WildSideWest

California's Transgender Forum (Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in!!!)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The "Marilyn" Hormone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

The "Marilyn" Hormone Empty
PostSubject: The "Marilyn" Hormone   The "Marilyn" Hormone EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 8:58 pm

This article came out about a month ago, but I just saw it last night. Interesting reading at the very least, although I've never heard of oestradoil before. Anyways, if it does exist and the story is true, then give me a double...no, triple PLEASE! Wink

Enjoy!

SCIENTISTS have identified the Marilyn Monroe hormone that is linked to an hour-glass body shape in women, and also an increased desire to trade-up to new men.

Women who have high levels of oestradoil also show elevated confidence and a greater inclination to have sex outside of their present relationship, according to the US-based research.

The ovarian steroid hormone is also associated with having a symmetrical face, large breasts and a low waist-to-hip ratio.

"Marilyn Monroe is actually a really good example of a woman who was almost certainly high in oestradoil," Australian sexologist Dr Frances Quirk said in response to the research.

"She was a classic hour-glass figure and because of her relationship pattern - she was a serial monogamist.

"Her relationships last three or four years or slightly longer, and if you look at the men she had relationships with, they increased in status."

The University of Texas study took in 52 young women, aged 17 to 30, and checked their oestradoil levels using a saliva swab.

They were asked to rate themselves on perceived desirability, quizzed on their sexual motivations and also their inclinations relating to their present relationship.

An independent group also assessed photographs of the women to provide an external assessment of their attractiveness.

"High-oestradiol women were considered significantly more physically attractive by themselves and others," the study, published in the journal Biology Letters, concluded.

"These women reported somewhat lower levels of satisfaction with and commitment to their primary partners, and a significantly greater likelihood ... of becoming acquainted with new potential mates."

The study found while high-oestradiol women reported being "significantly more likely" to have a serious affair, they did not indicate a greater likelihood of having "brief sexual encounters".

They favor long-term relationships but are "not easily satisfied by their long-term partners and are especially motivated to become acquainted with other, presumably more desirable, men".

Dr Quirk, Associate Professor at James Cook University, said because of these traits, high-oestradoil women "may also be the sort of women that other women don't like too much".
Back to top Go down
http://wildsidetg.com/
Rachelove

PostSubject: Re: The "Marilyn" Hormone   The "Marilyn" Hormone EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:23 am

Save some for me!
Back to top Go down
MichelleM39

MichelleM39

PostSubject: Re: The "Marilyn" Hormone   The "Marilyn" Hormone EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 3:46 am

I did some looking and this is what I found.

The following are marketed versions of estradiol:

Oral versions: Estrace, Activella (also contains a progestin), Estradiol acetate, Progynova, Estrofem
Transdermal preparation: Alora, Climara, Vivelle, Vivelle-Dot, Menostar, Estraderm TTS
Ointments: Estrasorb Topical, Estrogel, Elestrin
Injection: Estradiol cypionate: Lunelle monthly injection, Estradiol valerate
Vaginal ointment: Estrace Vaginal Cream, Premarin Cream
Vaginal ring: Estring (estradiol acetate), Femring
Estradiol is also part of conjugated estrogen preparations, including Premarin but is not the major ingredient (Premarin consists of hundreds of estrogen derivatives due to its natural source, pregnant mare urine. [b}eww, lol[/b] that's ok for it does work.

So, yes it does exist, and easilly available online without a prescription. The site is at inhousepharmacy dot com. That's where I bought my supplies.
Back to top Go down
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

PostSubject: Re: The "Marilyn" Hormone   The "Marilyn" Hormone EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 5:52 pm

Hi Michelle,

Thanx for signing up and contributing! I know exactly the site you are talking about. I've bought a lot of stuff from Inhouse Pharmacy. Mostly patches and spironolactone, and never had any problem, but whatever you do, if you are looking at injectable hormones, STAY AWAY from this place! They sell a version of Estradiol Valerate called Progynon Depot. I bought a box of it once and what they sent was a box of tiny 1 ml glass vials. When I say glass, I mean totally glass, where you have to break off a glass tip just to get the product out. (NOT GOOD!) When I brought them into my clinic, they told me that they hadn't seen anything like those in the US in years, plus you need special gauge of syringe to extract the product. Another downfall was that being that since they came in little 1 ml amps (vials), I would have had to use four vials per visit (I'm on 40mg/ml of Estradiol Valerate), so basically I wasted a nice lil chunk of money on stuff I really can't use, so beware of that, but overall I've been totally happy with the service from Inhouse.

I'd be remissed if I didn't throw out the perfunctory warning to be really careful if you are "self medicating" with hormones. It can be totally dangerous and you should always get the ok from your Dr. before taking anything. I was lucky, I did the "self-medicating" route for a couple of years with no ill effects, but there are tons of horror stories out there of people who suffered liver damage and blood clots and worse. That being said, in my tiny attempt at safety during my "self-medication" era, I used Estradiol patches and spironolactone. Orally taken hormones like Premarin (I know horse pee, ewwwwwww) can put a lot of stress on the liver, so I've always tried to bypass the possible liver complications with either patches or now injections (once I finally saw a Dr and got ok'd for injectables).

I always thought that injections were the end all in hormonal delivery ("the most bang for the buck" as my Dr. said), but I have a TS friend (she's been fulltime for years) who uses Estrogen pellets implanted under the skin that she gets from Dr John O'Dea of the Hamilton Center in So. Cal. The pellets, in her experience, are just the best things ever, because of their smooth and steady release that last three months at a time, whereas with estrogen injections, you have to get a shot every two weeks and they tend to generate more of a roller-coaster effect emotionally. Cost wise, the estrogen pellets are comparable to more old-fashioned, traditional forms of treatment. Check out his website, I'm totally planning on switching over to this method. I'd love to get off my lil roller coaster and just have three months of constant hormone delivery.

Thanx again for joining up Michelle, and I hope to hear from you lots more around here! Great post!!

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://wildsidetg.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Marilyn" Hormone   The "Marilyn" Hormone Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Marilyn" Hormone
Page 1 of 1