WildSideWest
Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in at your leisure!
WildSideWest
Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in at your leisure!
WildSideWest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WildSideWest

California's Transgender Forum (Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in!!!)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where do TGirl's go in SF?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

Where do TGirl's go in SF? Empty
PostSubject: Where do TGirl's go in SF?   Where do TGirl's go in SF? EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 pm

So what are some of your favorite haunts in SF?

Diva's
(www.divassf.com)

We hit LOTS of all kinds of different places on our nights out (str8, gay, lez, wherevah), but I have to say that personally, I love Diva's. Yeah, I know, TS hookers, lecherous tranny-chasers, but I do love being at a place where I'm not necessarily a "novelty", and I feel like I belong. Plus, I love the fact that it's three levels, so you can pick your posion. You can check out the action and the midnight show on the main floor, go up to the 3rd floor and dance your ass off with mirrors all around you, or if you want it a lil quieter, you just hop up to the 4th floor place to gab & shoot a game of pool. (The 2nd floor is closed and supposedly used for storgage, but Sheri & I sometimes wonder if that's all it's used for!) So, I like it cause it feels like 3 clubs in one, there is lots of room and and quite honestly, it's one of the best TG bars in the entire U.S. (trust me, I've been to a bunch!) I know there is a lot of differing opinions about Diva's amongst our clique, but I think it's awesome. The neighborhood (Polk Gulch) can be a lil sketchy at times, but there are a bunch of fun places within walking & short cab distance.

Martuni's
Martuni's is also a fun TG place to go; if you hit it at the right time, cause it can and will get packed (it's great when Maria is with us to do a number or two). For those that don't know, Martuni's is a piano bar. People can sing with piano accompaniment and just have a grand old time. They also have some of the yummiest drinks in town! (My fave is the Cherry Blossom). Weekends are usually get crowded by about 9-9:30pm, but it's a great meeting place with a good location. (It's on the corner of Market & Valencia, the addy is 4 Valencia Street, SF)

Cat Club
(sfcatclub.com)

A way fun place that never disappoints is The Cat Club on 1190 Folsom in The City. I always had a total blast here! It's a FABULOUS place to get your groove on and dance up a storm. A longtime SF Nightlife staple, The Cat Club plays host to an array of events and parties. The venue is mixed, and includes everything from goth nights to 80’s rewind, and everything in between. Regular nights include the infamous 1984, continuously voted Best of the Bay, and Chelsea Starr’s lesbian 80’s dance party, Hot Pants. The sound is as erratic as the crowd, forming a fusion of electronica, rock, indie, 80’s mainstream and underground, industrial, goth, and more. The Cat Club is like no other, with high energy fun for all genres.

DNA Lounge
(dnalounge.com)

DNA Lounge on Saturdays is a way fun place for dancin to kewl ass mash up 80's tunes, and it's a fave of our lovely Wendi! There are usually TGirls there, but not a ton of them. It also won a Bay Guardian's 2008 Best of award as best dance club in SF.

So where do you go?? If you have a hot new club or anything like that, PLEASE chime in!!!

Last edited by GinaMylano on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:35 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://wildsidetg.com/
Siobhan Coughlan

Siobhan Coughlan

PostSubject: Re: Where do TGirl's go in SF?   Where do TGirl's go in SF? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi Gina,

Not sure if i asked ye about this or not- Do ye have an opinion on the "Bubble Lounge"? i went there a little over a year ago, but in manly-man mode (which, BTW is COMPLETELY underwhelming). Wasn't sure if they are TG friendly or not.

Any comment?

Kisses,

S
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/siobhancoughlan/
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

PostSubject: Re: Where do TGirl's go in SF?   Where do TGirl's go in SF? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 am

Good question Siobhan Question

I don't think I've ever been there, although it looks way kewl! One of the beauty's of SF is that we can pretty much go wherevah! Some of the "funner/friendly" places we've gone are Harry Denton's Starlight Room, the Anti-Saloon League (On 501 Jones St; It's a speakeasy, so when you knock on the big door, tell them you are "meeting friends in the library"! They'll know what you mean Wink ) and there is also a really kewl wine bar just across the street from The Cinch (1723 Polk) that I just can't for the life of me remember the name of; it is also WAY FUN with some delish wines by the glass! The Lush Lounge (right across the street from Diva's; on the corner of Post & Polk) is also a favorite "friendly" spot. In SF though, pretty much everything is "friendly"
Back to top Go down
http://wildsidetg.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do TGirl's go in SF?   Where do TGirl's go in SF? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do TGirl's go in SF?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WildSideWest :: TGirl-Californication :: The NorCal Buzz-
Jump to: