WildSideWest
Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in at your leisure!
WildSideWest
Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in at your leisure!
WildSideWest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WildSideWest

California's Transgender Forum (Registration is no longer required to participate at WSW. It's preferred, but not mandatory, so feel free to chime in!!!)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WOW! They do go in 3's!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

WOW! They do go in 3's! Empty
PostSubject: WOW! They do go in 3's!   WOW! They do go in 3's! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2009 11:06 pm

It was just reported that Michael Jackson died at 2:26pm pst today! TMZ was the first to break his death, and MSNBC & LA Times just confirmed it. What a shock!!!

This was TMZ's first breaking news...

We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Jackson had 13 number one hits during his solo career.

Wow, what a shocker! David Carradine, Ed McMahon, Farrah, and now Michael. Quite a rough few weeks for Hollywood.

I will never, EVER forget the Motown 25th anniversary show in 1983 when Michael did Billie Jean and moonwalked for the first time. What an electrifying performance. I always thought it was one of the greatest TV performances of all time, dare I say; up there with The Beatles on Ed Sullivan.

I know he was totally an odd duck and took a lot of heat, especially in his later years when dealing with the child molestation controversy. I know everyone has their own thoughts and opinions on this, and I don't know whether this is the time nor place to bring it up, but I actually never really believed that he was guilty of those crimes. I always thought of him as more an A-sexual type of person and not some perv. I mean the poor guy never had a childhood of his own, and (I may be really naive in this view) that his affection for kids was more of a strange attempt at capturing some of the childhood he was robbed of than anything sexual.

Regardless, it's a sad, sad day.

RIP Michael!

Back to top Go down
http://wildsidetg.com/
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

PostSubject: Re: WOW! They do go in 3's!   WOW! They do go in 3's! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 4:57 am

This from my good friend Janie over on WS...

She was Hollywood's penultimate golden girl. And, now, Farrah Fawcett, who epitomized the all-American ideal of beauty, has died after a three-year battle with cancer. She was 62.

The knockout with the flawless teeth and blinding smile landed an agent in her second week in Hollywood and was soon starring in Ultra Brite toothpaste and Wella Balsam shampoo commercials.

It's hard to believe that it took just one season - and 12 million copies of an unforgettable poster - to launch a deep-seated phenomenon that would carry on for more than two decades. After only 22 episodes, Fawcett walked away from her hit show, saying it was preventing her from growing as an actress.

With the strongest role of her career - as an abused wife in the 1984 TV movie The Burning Bed— Fawcett earned an Emmy nomination and, at last, professional respect.

In the face of her lifelong quest for critical respect, Fawcett was 50 when she agreed to pose for Playboy magazine. She also released a Playboy video, All of Me, in which she paints using her much-admired body as a paintbrush. She made headlines for the wrong reasons with a dazed appearance June 6, 1997, on Late Show With David Letterman and her January 1998 brawl with then-boyfriend producer James Orr, which left her bruised.

She got sick of her own photos, telling LIFE that "there have been way too many" of them out there of her. Her looks became the curse that she could never escape, she told Entertainment Weekly in 1996.

In September 2006, Fawcett learned she had anal cancer. The devastating news led to a reconciliation with her on-and-off boyfriend, Ryan O'Neal, 68, the father of their troubled son, Redmond, 24.

It is fitting that Fawcett - who launched to superstardom on the small screen - also said goodbye the same way. In May, NBC aired the documentary Farrah's Story, which chronicled Fawcett's battle with cancer and attracted nearly 9 million viewers.

WOW! They do go in 3's! Farrah-fawcett
Back to top Go down
http://wildsidetg.com/
GinaMylano
Queen Bee
GinaMylano

PostSubject: Re: WOW! They do go in 3's!   WOW! They do go in 3's! EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 6:37 am

I'm a huge fan of the old (and in my opinion THE ONLY Tonight Show ) and it saddens me that Johnny's long time sidekick has gone to that giant green-room in the sky. Gotta give up a giant HIIIIIIII-YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to Mr. McMahon! Thanx Ed; RIP!

From AP...Shortly after midnight June 23, 2009, Ed McMahon died. Surrounded by his wife Pam and other family members, McMahon died at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. McMahon’s publicist confirmed the tragic news this morning.

McMahon was allegedly battling bone cancer that was not publicly revealed. In February 27, 2009, McMahon spent an extensive amount of time in an intensive care unit for what his publicist said was for pneumonia. Reports at the time did not confirm nor deny McMahon’s battle with bone cancer.

For anyone who watched late night television and knows the history of late night, Ed McMahon was a historic part of shaping the way late night came to be. From 1962 to 1992, McMahon played legendary Johnny Carson’s sidekick on late night television, setting up jokes and skits that would form one of the greatest comedic duos in history. Ed McMahon will be remembered and missed by many.

Conan O'Brien had some really classy things to say about Ed on The "new" Tonight Show the other night...

"The Tonight Show" host Conan O'Brien paid tribute to Ed McMahon as a "truly funny man" whose partnership with Johnny Carson on the late-night show was an indelible part of TV history.

"It is impossible, I think, for anyone to imagine 'The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson' without Ed McMahon," O'Brien said Tuesday during the NBC show.

"Ed's laugh was really the soundtrack to that show. For 30 years Ed played his part perfectly, he played it with effortless joy," said O'Brien, who took over the show from Jay Leno this month.

Sitting alongside Carson, McMahon was part of "the most iconic two-shot in broadcasting history. There will never be anything like that again,"
WOW! They do go in 3's! EdMcMahon19